MR Contrast Agents: Safety
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
MR Contrast Safety Q&A's
- How safe are gadolinium contrast agents?
- I've heard the term "anaphylactoid" applied to contrast agent reactions. What is the difference between this and "anaphylactic"?
- Is gadolinium contrast nephrotoxic? Can it be given safely to patients with mild renal insufficiency?
- What is NSF? How does gadolinium cause it?
- Do all MR contrast agents carry the same risk of NSF?
- What kind of informed consent to you give your patients receiving gadolinium? Do you tell them about NSF?
- How do you decide whether to draw labs for renal insufficiency? Who receives contrast, what kind, and in what dose?
- Can gadolinium be given safely to infants and children?
- Should the dose of gadolinium be reduced in infants and children?
- Can gadolinium be given to lactating women?
- Can gadolinium be given to pregnant women?
- Does gadolinium accumulate in tissues after repeated doses?
MR Contrast Safety Topics