Flow Effects in MRI
To locate topics on this site, enter keywords in the box or click on question below
Flow Effects in MRI Questions
- How is blood flow measured in a vessel?
- What are the usual velocities of blood found in the human vascular system?
- What is the difference between laminar flow, turbulent flow, and vortex flow?
- How can you predict whether a certain vessel will be bright or dark on an MR image?
- What are time-of-flight effects?
- What are spin-phase effects?
- Dr. Elster, I've been told you don't like or use the term 'flow void'. Why is that?
- Why do gradient echo (GRE) sequences accentuate the signals from flowing blood or CSF?
- How do you distinguish slow flow from thrombus on MR images?
- Can you explain even-echo rephasing?
- Please explain how flow compensation (gradient-moment nulling) software works.
- Why does the refocused signal from flowing blood often does not line up with the vessel on MR imaging?
Flow Effects in MRI Topics