Magnets & Scanners: Gradients
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
- What are gradient coils?
- How do you make a z-direction gradient?
- How do you make x- and y-direction gradients?
- All the diagrams I have seen for gradients deal with cylindrical scanners. How are the gradients designed for open-bore scanners?
- I've heard that "eddy currents" cause problems for imaging. What are they?
- What are actively shielded gradients?
- I'm confused. I thought active shielding had to do with controlling the main magnetic field.
- What is pre-emphasis and how does it reduce eddy currents?
- Why do the scanner walls get so warm?
- The MR sales representative is telling me about his scanner's strong gradients. How do I interpret the specification sheet?
- What about specifications for linearity?