MR Spectroscopy III - Multi-nuclear
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
MRS III Advanced Q&A's
- What nuclei besides hydrogen can be investigated with MRS?
- After hydrogen, why is phosphorus the most widely used nucleus for spectroscopy?
- What must you do differently to perform ³¹P- instead of ¹H-spectroscopy?
- What peaks are seen in the ³¹P spectrum and what do they mean?
- How do ³¹P spectra differ among the various organs?
- You made reference to the use of ³¹PMRS to measure cellular metabolism. How does this work?
- What is decoupling? Is it required for phosphorus spectroscopy?
- What is NOE? How and when should it be used for phosphorus MRS?
- What is the status of ¹³C spectroscopy? I haven't seen much about this at all.
- Can't sodium also be used for spectroscopy?
- Is it true that xenon gas can be seen on MRI scans? If so, how is it used?
MRS III Advanced Topics