The NMR Phenomenon: Precession
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
- All the NMR books all show protons precessing like little tops or gyroscopes within the magnetic field. I don't really understand why this type of motion should occur. Can you explain?
- Who was Larmor and how did he discover his famous frequency?
- Where does the energy come from to keep the precession going?
- What is meant by a chemical shift?
- What is net magnetization and how does it apply to NMR?
- Does the net magnetization (M) just instantly appear?
- I know that individual nuclei precess, but does the net magnetization (M) also?
- Is nuclear precession the same as resonance?