Magnets & Scanners: Site Planning
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
Site Planning Q&A's
- What are the components of a complete MR system and where are they located?
- What are fringe fields and why do they matter?
- What are the ACR Safety Zones?
- How do you reduce the size of the fringe field so it doesn't cause problems?
- Does magnetic shielding also keep out stray magnetic fields and electrical interference?
- Prior to adding on a new MRI bay we were told we need to have vibration testing performed. Why is this necessary?
- What's all that noise the scanner is making?
- What is the purpose of RF-shielding?
- If the scanner room is shielded against radiofrequencies, how do you get tubes, pipes and wires through the walls?
Site Planning Topics